Sunday, December 22, 2013

1996 Road Movie, leaving, Long Island

1996 Road Movie  leaving, Long Island 

the gaudy mythos, 
revolving 
down 
into Orphic AMERICA 
from under his Mountains,

this mock hero,
this fiction into a historic journey 
of the second chance, 
the American west, kicking the shards in 
dust and tumbleweed, 

Sierra in distance, 
the bird, 
out there, 
somewhere, in the sun
and hoped for future.


a moment
cycling 
revolves crystal
re-dreamed, 
the gods echoed in the sky,



Become that tree!
The oneness in copying, 
Well, he wondered
We becoming it? 
One,

to be one, with
breathing with these 
cycles of universe, 
copying,
becoming--

 “and to all these who sold out the 
imagination,” he was unsparing,  
”...who killed 
the red headed bird?”



to name this self 
and renaming it,
this self, me
the not me
conscious me

unconscious me
real me.



I have picked out the more optimistic parts. There was a time in the Art World that I struggled through much negativity. It was a disappointment to find it seemed that bent of mind was winning out. Possibly these ensuing years have been a struggle to hold my own against this prevailing trend in culture.






No comments:

Post a Comment