Sunday, December 15, 2013

#3, from clouds, leaves, waves. 1986 Woman with Clothes Blowing in the Wind


 #3 from clouds, leaves, waves. 1986 Woman with Clothes Blowing in the Wind




12.
Chumash Indians in the Sierra 
Nevada, at the time of Goya
painting, Women with Clothes 
Blowing in the Wind--
tumbling through Sierras in Spain
a dry warm wind of inclusion, 
swirling, whirling gyres of winding 
reeds, generators of thought
and shells transmitted
through a projectors beam,
shadows of figures
on the tent’s walls


20.
The old woman’s clothes
blown in patterns like shells
thrown through beams of light,
whirling in a wind that
rushes through reeds,
Swoosh--
the stain of purple paint, 
peering into the layers
the striping wind in the mind, 
equating our thoughts thrown
on walls, gathering skirts
against the universe, 
on the high hill of an older time.



 It is interesting to me going back this far in time as I can now see more what I was thinking. Generally I was still wondering after my Mother's death 10 years before, what was going on. My philosophical pondering is finding it's relation in my investigation into the space of painting.





No comments:

Post a Comment